RE: Fedora 24 beta (nearly) - major problem, help

Mike Chambers wrote:

> Maybe you need to boot up into rescue mode and
reinstall grub?  I've had
> to do that a few times during fresh installs lately.

That had already occurred to me. How do I select
rescue mode, when I cannot even get the grub menu? I
the tried, from grub rescue, typing set root=(hd0,1)
and on another line trying linux16 /boot/vmlinuz...
but there is no way for me to determine the exact name
of the kernel. Just as an experiment, I tried cat
(hd0,1)/boot/grub2/grub.cfg but cat is not recognized,
etc. I think access to all of the files on the drive
are blocked, so even were I to deduce their names
correctly, I would not be able to access them.