Re: criterion proposal: upgrading across 2 releases

On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 10:38 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:

> > I think the only problem with that is that in the criteria pages I
> > tend
> > to use 'current release' to refer to the release under test. You
> > might
> > need to search through the criteria pages for other occurrences of
> > terms like "current" and "previous" and reconcile those, too -
> > basically come up with some consistent terms and make sure they're
> > all
> > used consistently throughout all three pages.
>
> Yay for overloaded terms. What we can do is to use "current stable
> release", "previous stable release" and "Branched release". Do you
> think that makes sense or do you see a better way?

I might suggest "the release being tested" instead of "Branched
release", but of course it kinda depends on context.

> But I'm not fully convince we really need to be that strict about the
> choice of words here.
>
> Apart from these, I don't see any further edits needed.

I'd say we should try to be consistent but not at the cost of making
the language sound incredibly awkward in context. I'd say go ahead and
do it as best you can, we can always tweak it later :) Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey