Re: criterion proposal: upgrading across 2 releases

> > So, what's the status of this proposal? I'd say we should go ahead and
> > do it or not before the New Year, ahead of the F24 Alpha ramp-up. Does
> > anyone have further +-1s?

We have +1 from QA, +1 from dnf-plugin-system-upgrade maintainer, and +1 from gnome-software maintainers (at least that's how I chose to interpret it). There were not many responses from general audience (I hoped for some package maintainers feedback). From my POV, we should just do it, or have it blessed by FESCo if we want to be extra safe and correct. I would do the former.

> So I can't find this thread, including this post, in the new list web
> UI doing a search for the subject. I did send a "oh by the way" email
> suggested to ping Richard Hughes since the policy likely affects
> whatever is happening with GNOME Software to eventually do the major
> version upgrades. But I can't find that email either.

Here's Kalev's reply:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel%40lists.fedoraproject.org/message/OJ6BWZ4KHQ7P7RR7UPCZ4TCOIXCJMZ6E/

Richard's answer doesn't seem to be indexed by hyperkitty, but it was:
"Well, we're not calling into DNF for several technical reasons, but we're doing basically the same thing with libhif to what dnf does. I don't see any technical reason why we can't do n+2 upgrades, it just makes it harder to test all the permutations."