Re: criterion proposal: upgrading across 2 releases

On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 10:44 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Adam Williamson
> <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 10:52 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> >
> > > I feel that for something as important as system upgrade, we should
> > > provide a better level of quality and assurance for upgrading across
> > > 2 releases. Currently we have no criterion and testing it is just an
> > > afterthought, not even tracked anywhere. I'd like to amend the
> > > existing criterion to include N-2 release as well, i.e.:
> >
> > So, what's the status of this proposal? I'd say we should go ahead and
> > do it or not before the New Year, ahead of the F24 Alpha ramp-up. Does
> > anyone have further +-1s?
>
> So I can't find this thread, including this post, in the new list web
> UI doing a search for the subject. I did send a "oh by the way" email
> suggested to ping Richard Hughes since the policy likely affects
> whatever is happening with GNOME Software to eventually do the major
> version upgrades. But I can't find that email either.

Last I checked, for some reason, the test@ archives from before the
mailman3 switch hadn't been imported to the new web UI, so you would
only see mails from after the switch there. Possibly that's why. The
old archive is still around -
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/ - with all the emails
up to the switchover.
--