Re: criterion proposal: upgrading across 2 releases

> > They use our updated terminology of "current" and "previous" Fedora
> > release. To keep things consistent, I propose to change the current
> > criterion [1]:
> > "For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
> > successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
> > previous stable Fedora release with that package set installed. "
> > into
> > "For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
> > successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
> > current and previous stable Fedora release with that package set
> > installed. "
> >
> > References section would get updated with a link to this thread. The
> > criterion itself does not mention that by upgrade we mean a direct upgrade
> > (not one by one release). If you think it's not clear enough, I can add
> > some wording to the criterion (phrasing suggestions welcome) or add
> > another description section below it.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Beta_Release_Criteria#Upgrade_requirements
>
> I think the only problem with that is that in the criteria pages I tend
> to use 'current release' to refer to the release under test. You might
> need to search through the criteria pages for other occurrences of
> terms like "current" and "previous" and reconcile those, too -
> basically come up with some consistent terms and make sure they're all
> used consistently throughout all three pages.

Yay for overloaded terms. What we can do is to use "current stable release", "previous stable release" and "Branched release". Do you think that makes sense or do you see a better way?

I went through the wiki pages and this would have to change:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Alpha_Release_Criteria#Desktop_background
Change
"The default desktop background must be different from that of the two previous stable releases. "
"The default desktop background must be different from the current stable and previous stable release. "
(or maybe the original sentence is clear enough?)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Beta_Release_Criteria#Guest_on_previous_release
Change
" Guest on previous release
The release must install and boot successfully as a virtual guest in a situation where the virtual host is running the previous stable Fedora release. "
" Guest on current stable release
The release must install and boot successfully as a virtual guest in a situation where the virtual host is running the current stable Fedora release. "

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_blocker_bug_process
This is tricky. We agreed on "AcceptedPreviousRelease" flag name. I wouldn't change that. There's also:
"AcceptedPreviousRelease is used for cases where the fix must appear as an update for one or more previous stable releases. "
which can be
"AcceptedPreviousRelease is used for cases where the fix must appear as an update for the current or previous stable release. "
And
"this will usually need to be fixed in the previous stable releases, not the new release"
which can be
"this will usually need to be fixed in the current or previous stable release, not the new release"
But I'm not fully convince we really need to be that strict about the choice of words here.

Apart from these, I don't see any further edits needed.