Re: Re: UTF-8 package names

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:33:33PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
For a possible valid use, think of this potential pair of tools for students learning Japanese:
/usr/bin/ひらがな2rōmaji
/usr/bin/rōmaji2ひらがな

If I were going to learn Japanese tomorrow and were looking for such a
tool I wouldn't be actually able to even comprehend that these tools
can help me.

Sure. But that can happen regardless of the language. If I were trying to avoid getting computer viruses how would I know that replacing Windows with a *nix variant is an option? How do I know that I can browse the web with "Firefox"? You need to know something about the problem space before you can search for a tool to help you.

-Toshio