Re: Reviving the Games SIG

Hi,

On Seg, 2016-08-08 at 11:16 -0400, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> On 07/23/2016 06:26 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >
> > Hello Paul, Justin
> >
> > I have 2 suggestions one is maintain and update the game wiki page
> > .
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games
> >
> > Second suggestion, is new for everyone, and is bring some games
> > from
> > RPMFusion to Fedora proper, AFAIK some games there could be in
> > Fedora
> > proper (they came from old freshrpms ...) , to have one idea see
> > this
> > link [1]. This link will be updated with more one or two games in
> > next
> > packages push (at least gtetrinet) ...
> >

> > [1] http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/rawhide/
> > Everything/source/SRPMS/repoview/amusements.games.group.html
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> Hi Sérgio,
>
> I know Brigham did a lot of work to updating the content on the wiki
> page already for the current year, which was definitely helpful. I
> was
> hoping to take my own spin towards it and maybe reorganize the page
> make it more clear / informative for what we're actively working,
> what
> kinds of goals we have as a SIG, as well as make it clear for how
> others
> could get involved. I'm going to try to work on this in the coming
> week,
> and will definitely put any updates here on our mailing list.
>
> I think it makes sense for us to start identifying some more games
> from
> other places that we could bring into Fedora now. I think some of
> this
> discussion has already been happening in the IRC channel, but I'm
> unfortunately very behind on a lot of discussion and activity (as
> you
> can probably guess by the fact that I'm replying to this email now).
>
> Perhaps it would be helpful for us to find a meeting time once a week
> or
> once every other week where we can work on finding targets and areas
> focus on together, while we're all at the keyboard. Curious to know
> what
> you all think!

Sorry late reply, unfortunately games are my lower priority, but yes
have an well organized game library is good, so please update wiki page
as you like, I also am a little newer in this Mailing List .

In meantime, I take care of tetrinetx.

For a better organization bring games that we can from RPMFusion [1] to
Fedora proper can be good  but it will take a lot of work , especially
if we bring one by one, check license, package review , approve, and
retire in RPMfusion ... if we could do this in a bulk, I would prefer .

About focus, many games have stopped the development and we just can
build it with deprecated software, I mean for example ltris that use
SDL1, many others still in gtk2, if we can have expertises in these
areas (SDL, qt4, gtk2, gnome2, sound output etc), we can make our life
simpler.

[1]
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/25/Everything/so
urce/SRPMS/repoview/amusements.games.group.html

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.