Re: Reviving the Games SIG

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 19:33:30 -0400,
 "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

== Roll call ==

To help get things rolling here once again, I'd like to propose a "sound-off" or roll call of everyone in this mailing list who is still interested in contributing or participating to efforts to help this SIG begin to move again. This will help us get an idea of who is around, what your skill sets are, and how you would be able to contribute.

I am still interested in games on Fedora. I don't have lots of time, but do keep the Games Spin going. I have provenpackager access which might be occasionally useful, bit there are others who probably still read this list, who do as well.

To help get any interested members onto the same page, there are some resources available to us now to help organize plans, thoughts, and communication. Obviously, this mailing list is a resource, but here are some more:

This is probably a case where if someone leads and asks for help for a specific project, something good might happen. Brainstorming projects without getting people to act as leaders for them as not likely to result in much happening.

There are what look to be good free games that aren't currently packaged for Fedora.

A few years ago we tried having gaming sessions for different games, and turnout was pretty low. I suspect people are more likely to organize by game, then by the distro they play on.

We could use more packagers helping with the games we already have packaged.