[games-sig] Re: Reviving the Games SIG

On 07/23/2016 06:26 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
Hello Paul, Justin

I have 2 suggestions one is maintain and update the game wiki page .
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games

Second suggestion, is new for everyone, and is bring some games from
RPMFusion to Fedora proper, AFAIK some games there could be in Fedora
proper (they came from old freshrpms ...) , to have one idea see this
link [1]. This link will be updated with more one or two games in next
packages push (at least gtetrinet) ...

[1] http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/rawhide/Everything/source/SRPMS/repoview/amusements.games.group.html

Best regards,

Hi Sérgio,

I know Brigham did a lot of work to updating the content on the wiki page already for the current year, which was definitely helpful. I was hoping to take my own spin towards it and maybe reorganize the page to make it more clear / informative for what we're actively working, what kinds of goals we have as a SIG, as well as make it clear for how others could get involved. I'm going to try to work on this in the coming week, and will definitely put any updates here on our mailing list.

I think it makes sense for us to start identifying some more games from other places that we could bring into Fedora now. I think some of this discussion has already been happening in the IRC channel, but I'm unfortunately very behind on a lot of discussion and activity (as you can probably guess by the fact that I'm replying to this email now).

Perhaps it would be helpful for us to find a meeting time once a week or once every other week where we can work on finding targets and areas to focus on together, while we're all at the keyboard. Curious to know what you all think!