Re: No more right click terminal

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
 If normal people feel that they need the terminal
for some function then it is a bug we need to fix in the GUI.

Are we completely there yet? No. That is why we still have a terminal.
Do we need to promote the need for a terminal by including it in the
right click menu?  No. Reducing the right click menu to a few items is a
good idea.

Oh, yes.  Having quick access to the tool to change the background image
is just _so_ much more important to _so_ many people than is quick
access to a terminal when you run into something that is inconvenient to
handle in whatever GUI tool you happen to be running at the time.

Look at it this way.  If you occasionally need access to a terminal and
starting one isn't quick and easy, then you'll probably decide you need
to keep a terminal window running all the time.  Which is dirtier:
having a "Create Terminal" entry in a convenient menu, or keeping a
mostly unneeded (not for me, BTW) terminal process running "just in
case".