Re: Would it be useful to have a video call to discuss the "Deprecate Legacy BIOS" Change proposal?

Hi,

On 4/13/22 23:11, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:56:11PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> If that proves acceptable for change owners here that would perhaps take
>> care of the short term problem. What about longer term though? Would the
>> thought be that the BIOS sig would remain around for the forseeable
>> future maintaining BIOS boot? Or would there be some kind of roadmap to
>> retirement?
>
> I think it would make sense for the group to be set up with with some sort
> of "retirement becomes the default if the SIG stops being active" policy. I
> mean, not as a surprise, but so the situation is clear.

That is fair, although I hope that if the SIG runs out of steam for this,
that at least it will still have enough life in it to send out a proper
notice about BIOS boot support is really going away.

Regards,

Hans