Re: Would it be useful to have a video call to discuss the "Deprecate Legacy BIOS" Change proposal?

Hi Michel,

On 4/13/22 22:29, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 09:03:09PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> 1. I'm not sure if it is possible to setup group ownership
>> of pkgs in pagure? So to keep things simple the few packages which
>> are only necessary for BIOS boot can be handed over to me and then
>> I'll just add other people willing to help out as co-maintainers.
>>
> yup, Python, Rust, and Go SIG does this all the time
>
>> 2. Setup a mailinglist for this and have that in bugzilla + PR
>> Cc for all the relevant packages.
>>
> The group will get emailed just like a normal maintainer, IIRC. Someone
> will need to register that group's email in Bugzilla just like a normal
> account

Interesting, so how does this work. I just realized that to allow
adding a list to the Cc in pagure (src.fedoraproject.org) it probably
needs a FAS account too and then log in with that account and then
hit the "watch" button ?

So does this require creating a "fake" FAS account for the SIG ?

So the steps would be:

1. Request mailinglist
2. Create FAS account using mailinglist address as email
3. Create bugzilla account using mailinglist address as email

?

All I can find on this is:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Policy_for_encouraging_comaintainers_of_packages/#current_solution

Which does not describe haivng actual groups at all ?

And I don't see how I can put the mailinglist in the Cc
for bugs + PRs without creating a FAS account for it ?

Regards,

Hans