Re: F35 Change: Make btrfs the default file system for Fedora Cloud (System-Wide Change proposal)

> Am 03.06.2021 um 15:35 schrieb Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> On 6/2/21 5:28 AM, Peter Boy wrote:
>>

>> very nicely put. According to Matthew and others cloud wg did virtually not exist for more than a year, no meetings, silence on mailing list beyond bi-weekly announcement of a „standing“ meeting nobody attended to, there was discussion to „kill“ it, great reluctance on the side of Dusty in our meeting March 3 to make any changes on the artefacts at all, new start of 2-weekly meetings March 30, „months of conversation“ which spell down to 4 meetings in 2 months, and then such a very fundamental change. Well, the wording may be a bit offhand, but by no means farfetched.
>
> We typically run meetings every two weeks, but that did stop happening when I was away earlier this year. There is some truth in here though.

To clear up any misunderstanding: I am in no way criticizing or disliking the way the Cloud WG works. It is about rebutting the attempt of a subsequent legitimization ("months of discussion") by the facts as they are.

> https://meetbot-raw.fedoraproject.org/teams/fedora_cloud_meeting/fedora_cloud_meeting.2021-05-11-15.58.log.txt
> 16:18:15 <dustymabe> There is also the discussion of merging with the server WG - if we change to BTRFS does that inhibit that potential path for us (i.e. should we get server to buy in on the FS change too, or maybe they have already)?

I do not want any misunderstanding here either. This passage has nothing to do with you.  It is about the fact that all Cloud WG members have known from the very beginning that there are considerations about a cooperation. No one can pretend not to have known (some Cloud members asked me for proof of the existence of this discussion). Everybody knew pretty well what he was doing.

> Maybe we can get everyone together to discuss all
> the various options and the best path forward?

I would still very much welcome and advocate that. However, some Server WG members are already a bit annoyed and feel little inclination to let the server WG eventually get infected, too. In our discussion yesterday, I would have preferred to keep all options open and carefully weigh all arguments and options before making any commitment to one option.