Re: Upgrade to F30 gone wrong

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 12:40 AM Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le May 6, 2019 4:29:22 PM UTC, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 1:52 AM Nicolas Mailhot
> ><nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >entirely
> >>
> >> That's not true, many boot problems are found quite early in the
> >> process by rawhide users, but rawhide users feedback is not taken
> >into
> >> account by installer folks because they don't look at boot problems
> >> before quite late in the cycle, when rawhide users have already moved
> >> on manually, and the default solution is always to reinstall from
> >> scratch.
> >>
> >> So problems are found, just not fixed
> >
> >This is out of scope because the context of the conversation is
> >upgrades. You're talking about the installer which means clean
> >installs.
>
> I'm talking rescuing systems that do not boot anymore and that means the install media. You can't rescue a system with broken boot from within this system

I have no idea what you're talking about. The context of this thread
is a bug that happens during upgrades, and you do not need
rescue/install media to fix it. The Common Bugs lists the step you
need to successfully boot and fix the problem within this system.

--
Chris Murphy