Re: Upgrade to F30 gone wrong

Le dimanche 05 mai 2019 à 16:14 -0600, Chris Murphy a écrit :

> Right and that's the same with beta testing, which is how bugs like
> this can sometimes not even get found until after release. A lot of
> tests are done on pristine systems that are throw away. It's entirely
> understandable few people want to test Fedora pre-release on their
> rock solid 5+ year old Fedora system, but we actually stumbled on
> this
> in some sense by luck of alternate arch acting like a canary.

That's not true, many boot problems are found quite early in the
process by rawhide users, but rawhide users feedback is not taken into
account by installer folks because they don't look at boot problems
before quite late in the cycle, when rawhide users have already moved
on manually, and the default solution is always to reinstall from
scratch.

So problems are found, just not fixed

--
Nicolas Mailhot