Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On Fri, 2017-10-13 at 10:47 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Is everyone being over-dramatic (per usual)?

To take that personally for a minute, well, no, I don't believe I've
been over-dramatic at all. I've never suggested anything besides 'maybe
we should take a look at whether shipping Firefox 57 as fast as we
usually ship updates is the best idea', and that's all the FESCo ticket
I filed says. (My specific suggestion so far has been not to ship it
for a couple of weeks after upstream releases it, to see just how
common complaints turn out to be in widespread public use).

It's not my fault that people seem to have taken this off in weird
directions like "can we switch to ESR forever?!" or "can we maintain FF
56 until Fedora 27 EOL?!"
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey