Re: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications as Flatpaks

/*Chris Murphy*/ wrote on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 09:28:53 -0600:
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"One size fits everyone" approach can be dangerous. It never does, in
fact, fit everyone, and often sacrifices flexibility and resource usage
for the convenience of a single image.

I, for one, like to keep my installations minimal and I often uninstall
optional (weak) dependencies manually. With Atomic base I wouldn't
be able to modify the base easily on my system(s).
It's a layered approach. rpm-ostree does let you unlock the base and
install and remove RPMs. You could also run the server side component
that turns RPMs into ostrees yourself (locally or in cloud) and have
however many trees you want, and establish your own rebase policy for
your workstations.
But if I've understood correctly, any changes to the base will be discarded when you update the base image. right?