Re: F27 System Wide Change: Graphical Applications as Flatpaks

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you explain the benefits of Atomic system + few layered RPMs vs. a
> traditional Fedora installation?

The OS itself is versioned and binary identical to any other
installation with the same version. There is no longer the
pathological behavior of everyone in effect having different sub
versions of Fedora because their package versions differ, because they
caught today's update, or yesterday's, or the before noon update, or
the one with the moon transitioning from crescent to gibbous.

> By the way, I can't figure out how to look inside a Flatpak and review its
> contents. Could someone provide some pointers?

Good question.

Also, how to copy / push such apps to workstations. We're going on 18
years since .app bundles on macOS can be drag and drop copied to
install, and it's like, really no one has copied this? The easiest way
to put a second copy on another machine is to just download it again?
That's silly.

--
Chris Murphy