Re: Triaging RH Bugzilla and forwarding bugs upstream (Was: F24, small backward steps)

On 17/09/16 03:19, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 09:42:07AM -0700, stan wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:01:30 -0400
>> Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Right, so, this is part of the context for my idea above. There
>>> *isn't* a triage team, but there *is* a community around Ask Fedora,
>>> and we could build from that. It wouldn't be the same at all as
>>> previous efforts to "bugzilla-garden"
>>
>> Wouldn't it make more sense to have a way for package maintainers to
>> decide if a bug was local or upstream, and a button they could push to
>> automatically send it upstream?
>
> Automatically? If I receive a bug upstream, I want to receive it
> without the distribution's embellishments: I want to know what
> *upstream* version of the software was used, how I can reproduce the
> bug using generic installation from sources, and not using the distro
> package, etc. Also, I don't want to read the full history on the
> distribution bugtracker, I want to see a concise summary of
> findings. I want to see an explanation why the bug is an upstream bug,
> not a distro-specific thing. The person who is forwarding bugs has to
> all of this by hand, and doing this automatically is infeasible.

It could probably be made light weight though.

Say a button you click that copies in the OP from the bug, pops up a box for the clicker to enter some
useful text in, includes a back link to RH BZ, and creates a bug upstream with that information.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn
Senior Software Engineer