Re: F24, small backward steps

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:43:31 -0500
Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 08:33 +0200, Jakub Filak wrote:
> > Does GNOME Bugzilla support XMLRPC? Is there any testing instance
> > ABRT team
> > can play with?
>
> Yes and yes, but is XMLRPC being removed from upstream Bugzilla? I
> think I read that somewhere (but can't find a reference now when I
> search). It'd be a bad idea to use it if so.

They added a REST api in 5.0 and want people to move to that.

"One big addition is a new REST-like endpoint alongside the existing
XML-RPC and JSON-RPC endpoints. This will allow clients to access
Bugzilla data using standard HTTP calls for easy development. Note:
XML-RPC and JSON-RPC are deprecated in favor of REST and will likely be
removed in the Bugzilla 7.0 release. "

> > One problem I can see is that Fedora users will have to register to
> > every
> > single upstream bug tracking tool. Using Red Hat Bugzilla as a proxy
> > upstream bug tracking tools is pretty convenient.
>
> I guess Launchpad-style comment proxying is probably too ambitious.

Note that hopefully with 5.0 we will have SAML auth, so if
bugzilla.gnome.org also picked that up (and other places) people could
just login with their Fedora account to all of them.

kevin