Re: systemd 230 change - KillUserProcesses defaults to yes

On 06/02/2016 11:36 AM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> On 06/02/2016 03:13 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>
>> I don't think we need to change Fedora 24 for this. Unless I misunderstood, this
>> systemd change has not been pushed to Fedora 24 (nor proposed for it). We're
>> prepping for how to deal with things in Fedora 25.
>
> You should not so easily dismiss and rule out core/baseOS ( and even other )
> components adapting similar or same updating rebase scheme as the kernel
> community is using as ( and has prove to be working ).
>
> There where upcoming changes in systemd that prevented this back in 2013 when I
> wrote this [1] proposal and we discussed it but those road blocks are no more
> afaik hence there is nothing preventing systemd from adapting an rebase scheme
> similar/same to the one that the kernel community is using.

I'm not saying that upstream systemd wouldn't or couldn't rebase, I was saying
that my understanding was that there was no plans for the KillUserProcesses
default to be changed post-release in any Fedora. That would be a significant
violation of the stable update policy, which I'm pretty certain the systemd
maintainers are aware of.

I should also have been more specific with the term "this" in my last email; I
was referring to whether we needed to revert the user bus change because of
systemd. By my current understanding, that would not be necessary.