Re: dnf versus yum

On 01/05/2014 07:07 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 10:04 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2014-01-05 at 10:27 +0100, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
The running kernel should not be removed with a simple 'dnf erase
kernel' (why did they change remove into erase?),

They didn't. Both work on both.

It's symptomatic of how fucking terrible this thread is, btw, that
people would post without checking any of this. It takes about ten
seconds to open a kernel and run 'yum remove foo', 'yum erase foo', 'dnf
remove foo', 'dnf erase foo'. If you're not going to go to *that* much
trouble, it's a bit rich to start excoriating the dnf devs.

As I mentioned before I only auto completed yum, remove is not party of the auto completed commands. If remove should be there, then this is a bug. I will file one.

dnf has no auto completion and I have only seen reference to erase. The man page of dnf does not mention remove (it mentions 'group remove'). This should probably be added. I will file a bug on that one too.

As a side not 'dnf --help' shows:

'--version             show Yum version and exit'

which probably also is wrong.

This is by no mean any excoriation of the dnf devs on my part.

Three documentation "bugs" out of a side track of a thread is not a terrible thread, in my opinion...

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/