Re: dnf versus yum

> Steve Clark wrote:
> > Also at least yum stood for something - Yellowdog Updater, Modified - as
> > opposed to being some nonsensical conglomeration of letters. The only
> > thing I am aware of that dnf means is "did not finish".
>
> The point of this thread is that the development apparently indeed Did Not
> Finish. ;-)

And it's an astoundingly pointless point, given that it was prompted by
a post from its developer asking people to test it ahead of it being
*potentially* included in Fedora as the default package manager *in more
than a year's time*.

Clearly, he knows it isn't ready to replace yum yet. If he thought it
was, he'd be filing a Change to replace yum with dnf, not writing a blog
post trying to get slightly wider testing.

This is possibly the most useless thread I've ever seen on devel@, and
that's some strong competition.
--
Adam Williamson