Re: fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 17:00 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:52:30 -0400
> Jon Masters <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > So I'm filing another FESCo ticket as I type this. They can decide
> > > to reject my proposal again, in which case I will bring it up with
> > > the Fedora Board by way of appeal. I will take "no" for an answer
> > > once it's been escalated all the way, because then at least I will
> > > have tried.
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/453
>
> Perhaps you could provide feedback on your last ticket before filing
> another one?
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/350
>
> There were some negative votes there, but it was not closed.
> I asked you to talk to our marketing SIG and see what they knew about
> survey's and what info they already were gathering.

Sure. I read the comments on the last one along the lines of "we're not
going to do this", and also in context of what I saw on IRC. But ok. I
will talk to the marketing folks. Meanwhile, can you actually discuss
the point of my ticket, which is whether you're even amenable to having
such a survey in the first place? If you want to merge both tickets into
one single ticket, fine. But let's get an answer on the idea.

Jon.