Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 01:44:20PM +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> I don't particularly see the need for a disagreement about high-level
> principles here - I think we can probably all agree that:
>  a. Promoting awareness of Fedora [1] is a good thing
>  b. Branding isn’t about simply slapping a logo on something - the
> first job is to create a fantastic product.
>  c. Brand visuals should be applied with sensitivity - they shouldn’t
> be used too much, in the wrong contexts, or in ways that undermines
> the product they’re applied to.

Thanks Allan. Yes, agreed on all counts.

> One thing that would help from my perspective would be some indication
> of what kind of logo treatments might be acceptable. I'm particularly
> interested in flat logos and stencil treatments, as these make it
> easier to subtly apply a brand mark.

Here's the current guidelines:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

They've had some updates but no significant refresh since 2011 or so.
I'm sure we could work with Design to come up with what's needed.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>