Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:35 PM,  <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What would a Fedora plymouth theme look like? Let's take some inspiration
> from RHEL's boot theme. Watch the first 10 seconds:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIqlwjNf4M

Functional. Nice transition to GDM. But bland and unremarkable.
Reminds me of my Mac from a couple years ago when they were using the
(seemingly) identical spinner. These days they're using a short status
bar that's I'd guess is maybe 15-20% of the width of the display,
centered right under a dark gray Apple logo.

I vaguely recall a CentOS 6 or maybe 7 boot splash that was way more
interesting than any of the ones under discussion.

Keep in mind on any sufficiently recent system with M.2 drive, this
boot splash might not even have time to draw before GDM is ready. And
no one with Atomic or Server will care about this.

--
Chris Murphy