Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi.is@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 12:43:40PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>  2. The logo on a panel in the corner of the screen, always visible and
>>     always on
>>
>> This may not be perfect, but let's start by following what they're
>> doing, and we can refine from there as designers come up with even
>> better ideas.
>
> This sounds a lot like how we got the overlaid Fedora logo on the
> wallpaper. :)

I like this overlay/watermark feature. Some people have said in the
past that it suggests the wallpaper is Fedora supplied artwork, which
I really don't understand at all because the watermark is not
mistakable for a proper copyright mark. It's plainly in a unique
fedora typeface. Whatever this is a hill I don't want to die on. I'd
support "badging" a Fedora installation with a g-i-s option *but* that
is a GNOME domain product so I can see how that might be a
non-starter... in which case I'd say it could be an anaconda install
time option.

> Are we going to withdraw that one?  I thought people stopped liking
> it.  I just installed a fresh new Fedora 27 VM and it was there.  Or
> am I just confused?

I had to turn it on. I forget how... there is no GUI option for
enabling/disabling that watermark.

--
Chris Murphy