Re: Consider tuned-gui as an important element for "advanced" users on the Fedora Workstation

El 21-07-2016 08:45, Matthias Clasen escribió:
On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 15:03 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

My point was that since a graphical tool to do most of what you want
1) already
exists and 2) already has a .desktop file so it can be launched from
a graphical
desktop, it makes more sense to collaborate on making that project
better rather
than reimplementing its functionality in a far more limited, desktop-
only manner.

I agree with this. If there was a strong case for many desktop users
needing to manually tweak power profiles, then the right place for this
functionality would be in the control-center power panel. But I don't
think we've seen a good case for this.

I don't quite understand, tuned-gtk already exist and the problem with *.desktop file it's solved (testing repo).

The problem of power saving is not resolved in the fedora desktop. For me it would also be ideal profiles tuned could be edited from the gnome control center, however, I did the parallel tuned-gtk with tweak tool for being an extra tool for retouching advanced options for the desktop user. (Even have tuned enabled by default with the possibility of changing profiles or be disabled from the control center looks like a good goal)

Cockpit is a good tool, but is not created specifically for the desktop. It also has other tools that would double the available on the desktop as the system monitor or terminal, so install Cockpit only to change tuned profiles is nonsense.