Re: Consider tuned-gui as an important element for "advanced" users on the Fedora Workstation

On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 15:03 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> My point was that since a graphical tool to do most of what you want
> 1) already
> exists and 2) already has a .desktop file so it can be launched from
> a graphical
> desktop, it makes more sense to collaborate on making that project
> better rather
> than reimplementing its functionality in a far more limited, desktop-
> only manner.

I agree with this. If there was a strong case for many desktop users
needing to manually tweak power profiles, then the right place for this
functionality would be in the control-center power panel. But I don't
think we've seen a good case for this.