Re: Re: dm-crypt is broken and causes massive data corruption

Kevin Eilers wrote:

Hi!

If you haven't looked then take a look at this thread
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.device-mapper.dm-crypt/1320

I also believe that 2.6.16.1 is affected but I can't confirm this. I
have a vague rememberens of running 2.6.16.1 on the box i talked about
in the thread.

The problem you described seems different to the one I'm experiencing.
In my case the corruptions apear only with dm-crypt on raid devices (not
even with all raid levels) and I think I never had any corrupted data,
only corrupted metadata (which then eventually lead to corrupted data).
Anyway, it never managed to escape being reported in the kernel logs.

Is your problem fixed in one of the newer kernels?

Kevin

I took the server into production with the old cryptoloop instead so I am unable to test anything further with it as of this moment.

Sebastian.