Re: DT Query on "New Compatible vs New Property"

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 09:29:17PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:

> Just to clarify: Ulf agreed on compatible way for proof of concept and
> asked to send a code so everyone can understand better what you are
> making. I don't recall any Linaro policy or answer.
>
> After above email, other people proposed other solutions and disagreed
> with that statement, so no, you do not have a consensus.
>
> Trying to present this as a consensus if way exaggerated.
>
> You have no conclusion, because talk is cheap and this thread is way too
> big. It's also way to vague, like we had to poke you for several emails
> to get hardware description. I still don't recall it, but TBH, I am not
> going to look at 50 email thread for one email.
>
> Therefore, feel free to propose something, but if you call it "that was
> the consensus from community" then please already add there my
> Nacked-by, because there was no consensus.
>
> In your proposal finally describe your hardware, firmware and problem
> which you are solving (because no one will be going back to this thread).

I can't agree more, well summarised.

Nikunj,

Sorry I read this email after I responded to you, so please ignore my
suggestion on starting a fresh thread, follow Krzysztof's suggestion
instead. But all other points in my email still stands.

--
Regards,
Sudeep