Re: DT Query on "New Compatible vs New Property"

On 4/11/2024 8:44 AM, Conor Dooley wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 10:24:02AM -0700, Nikunj Kela wrote:
On 4/10/2024 10:13 AM, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
On 10/04/2024 18:55, Nikunj Kela wrote:
If there are no more questions on this and everyone is on the same page,
I would like to conclude this thread in favor of using a new DT property
'qcom,firmware-managed-resources'.
Just to recap my earlier statement, because I am not sure if I got the
answer (if answer was provided, then I don't forgot... sorry):

This is a new hardware, so you have a new compatible, therefore any
additional property is not needed.
This is not a new HW, this is the same HW with different FW and interface to
FW is different too. As you can see earlier discussion on this thread, new
compatible was ruled out since it is the same HW IP.
Can you link me to the post that ruled it out please?

Hi, There was difference of opinion. While Ulf was in favor of new compatible however Srini was against it since it is the same HW IP. Please check the link [1] in the same thread and subsequent discussion on the same.  To resolve this difference, Qualcomm and Linaro had a discussion and it was decided to go with vendor specific DT property.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAPDyKFrL2QcB-YbE25smGgJjf3iBEsSSB4ui3V98zJKghNNhKA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/