Re: DT Query on "New Compatible vs New Property"

On 3/19/2024 9:13 AM, Sudeep Holla wrote:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 03:41:40PM +0000, Srinivas Kandagatla wrote:
On 19/03/2024 15:17, Sudeep Holla wrote:
I am not debating on the implementation just to be clear. I accept changes
might be needed there. The $subject is all about DT bindings and what need
to be changes and for me nothing, just use existing bindings and if there
are issues there, let us discuss it with specifics.

How can changes to dt bindings be nothing? All the resources
clk/regulators/resets will become optional and a new power or perf domain
will become required for each device with firmwares that support SCMI Perf.

Correct, sorry to miss the point that few properties are now optional from
mandatory before. Very good point. I was so caught up with the addition of
the new "firmware controlled blah blah" property/compatible that I missed
to observe mandatory->optional as a change. Thanks for correcting me.

--
Regards,
Sudeep