Re: DT Query on "New Compatible vs New Property"

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 03:41:40PM +0000, Srinivas Kandagatla wrote:

> On 19/03/2024 15:17, Sudeep Holla wrote:
> > I am not debating on the implementation just to be clear. I accept changes
> > might be needed there. The $subject is all about DT bindings and what need
> > to be changes and for me nothing, just use existing bindings and if there
> > are issues there, let us discuss it with specifics.
> >
> How can changes to dt bindings be nothing? All the resources
> clk/regulators/resets will become optional and a new power or perf domain
> will become required for each device with firmwares that support SCMI Perf.

Correct, sorry to miss the point that few properties are now optional from
mandatory before. Very good point. I was so caught up with the addition of
the new "firmware controlled blah blah" property/compatible that I missed
to observe mandatory->optional as a change. Thanks for correcting me.

--
Regards,
Sudeep