Re: Invalid module format

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 09:22,  <Peter_22@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On the netbook it takes 3-4 hours. A recent Intel cpu might cope with it in less time. If you build .deb packages including all modules I´d like to ask for your make command.

The laptop in question has a Core2, but even on a system that would be
considered a netbook by today's standards (IBM X31) it never takes me
more than a couple of hours.  I don't use debian, so am unfamiliar
with the particulars of your process, but 'make distclean;cp
/boot/config .config;make oldconfig;make -j3 deb-pkg' reports taking
24 minutes with 953 modules on a 2.3GHz Core2 with an ext3 filesystem
on a standard 5400-RPM drive before crapping out missing dpkg.  Surely
'dpkg --build' doesn't take hours?

-