Re: Invalid module format

> * markus reichelt <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you managed to solve the problem in the meantime?
>
> If not, can you reproduce the error (maybe via a virtual machine)?

dmesg and kernel config say loop module is built-in :-(

In practice a kernel recompile is needed. Seems the ubuntu jerks tend to adopt the same bad habits SuSE developers developed before I changed to ubuntu.
The ubuntu distro features plenty of debian packages, even loop-aes related ones. In the manual of one of these Max Vozeler is named, the maintainer. I tried to integrate loop-aes via these packages with module-assistant. Following this path leads to the same result.

Once again I get the impression loop-aes is somehow driven out of linux for the sake of luks/dm-crypt. There is no sane reason to build the loop module into the kernel other than hindering people from using loop-aes and other fancy stuff relying on loops.
So far I only looked at the 32bit version but I have little hope for Jaunty Jackalope on 64bit AMD either. I don't understand why they do this to me.

Kind regards,
Peter

-