Re: Invalid module format

RB <aoz.syn@xxxxxxxxx> :
> I have this weird thing where I actually _like_ compiling kernels, if
> just to see what's new/changed.  Not sure why it takes you guys so
> long to compile kernels, even with ~600 modules mine seldom take more
> than 30 minutes to compile.

Depends on the target you ask make to build. In my case I build .deb packages of kernel image and all modules with something like this:
sudo make-kpkg binary-arch
on top folder of configured sources of running kubuntu 9.04 kernel sources.
On the netbook it takes 3-4 hours. A recent Intel cpu might cope with it in less time. If you build .deb packages including all modules I´d like to ask for your make command.

Kind regards,
Peter

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a