Re: Discovery (port 8765) service not starting

Hi,

The port 8765 is the "service discovery" (an internal server that runs in
the mgr... you can change the port by changing the
variable service_discovery_port of cephadm). Normally it is opened in the
active mgr and the service is used by prometheus (server) to get the
targets by using the http service discovery feature [1]. This feature has
been there for a long time now and it's the default configuration used by
Ceph monitoring stack. It should start automatically without any external
intervention (or manual configuration). If it's not starting it means
something weird is happening, probably watching mgr logs can shed some
light. For that you have to go to the host where the active mgr is running
and see the logs by running:

systemctl | grep mgr
journalctl -u <your_mgr_service>
i.e: journalctl -u