Re: Discovery (port 8765) service not starting

Hi,

On 03/09/2024 14:27, Tim Holloway wrote:

FWIW, I'm using podman not docker.

The netstat command is not available in the stock Ceph containers, but
the "ss" command is, so use that to see if there is in fact a process
listening on that port.

I have done this, and there's nothing listening on port 8765
per
ss -l | grep 8765

If not, then the process that listens apparently didn't come all the
way up.

Take a quick peek around the local /var/log directory just to see if
there's anything logged internally (probably not). Maybe do a "dmesg"
just for laughs.

Nothing obvious - and logs are available outside the container as well - hence the paste earlier in this thread, https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/P68521
Since this is (so I read it), the Prometheus container, look at the
/var/lib/ceph/<fsid>/prometheus.<hostname> directory, which contains
the Prometheus config file (under "./etc) and see if there are
irregularities there.

It's not, it's the mgr container (I've enabled the prometheus mgr module, which makes an endpoint available from whence metrics can be scraped, rather than the prometheus container which runs the service that does the scraping).

Thanks,

Matthew