Re: Discovery (port 8765) service not starting

You may find this interesting.

I'm running Pacific from the Red Hat repo and Prometheus was given its
own discrete container image, not the generic Ceph one. Rather than
build custom Prometheus, Red Hat used the Prometheus project's own
containers.

In fact, it has 3: one for Prometheus, one for Prometheus node-exporter
and one for Prometheus alertmanager. Also Grafana is using its own
image as well.

Nothing on the host in question listens on Port 8765. Prometheus is
listening on ports in the 9000 range.

For whatever it's worth.

The name of the API you're interested in, on the other hand, sounds
familiar, but I'm too senile to recall from where.

   Tim