[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

Francois Caen wrote:
> I love MailScanner and it's the main reason I stuck with sendmail all
> these years. I got the feeling a couple years ago that MS was
> developed and maintained for sendmail, and that using it with Exim or
> Postfix was exotic, less supported, less reliable.

Mailscanner is a very good product, and much better at content control
than amavis-new or anything else that I have seen.  Postfix and
MailScanner have been working fine for me at a few installations, never
used it with Exim, but since the guys who write Exim are running
MailScanner themselves, it be a fair guess that it works too :)

> Do new releases of MS work right away with postfix, or do you have to
> wait for some sort of porting to be done? Are you on the MS mailing
> lists? Are  MS-postfix users a big group these days?

MailScanner with Postfix works, almost, out of the box now. Lesser work
involed in getting it going with Postfix than with Sendmail. I know
Julian is testing on EL3/4. And there are quite a few postfix and
MailScanner users around ( definitely not as many as Sendmail and
MailScanner users ).

- KB
--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/