Changing from Redhat to Debian

About 6 months ago I studied the distribution wars on Usenet and then
orderd 3 distros from one of the cheap CD companies in this list's FAQ. I
ordered SUSE, Redhat, and Slackware and installed each one in turn. And I'm
no closer to figuring out which is the "best" distro than I was before all
that work.

The never ending argument over the best distro on Usenet usually amounts to
a series of claims by one group that the other distro doesn't do something
and then proponents of the other distro saying that it does indeed do that.
On and on like that.

And I didn't get any impression that any of the 3 distros I tried was much
easier to install than another. In fact, if one is easier than another,
it's only because it takes some of the control away from you which may or
may not be a good thing.

There may be an answer to the question of which one is best for blind users
but I don't anyone can say which one is the best over all.