Changing from Redhat to Debian

*SNIP*
There may be an answer to the question of which one is best for blind
users
but I don't anyone can say which one is the best over all.

You're always going to have distro wars just like you're alsays going to
have linux vs. windows wars but imho if you're on the side of windows,
you're behind the 8ball to start with.
However, having said that, out of the 3 distros I've tryed, namely red hat
debian and slackware,,,, no make that 4 with some fiddling with mandrake,
I can't say that no one distro is any better for blind people than the
other.
I can say however from personal experience, that I'd prefer debian because
of it's package handling utilities and the way it fetches the required
dependencies as you fetch a package.
it's entirely up to you as to what distro you choose to use in the long
run.
Just take into acount how much you want things automated or not as the
case may be and work from there.
hth

--
Shaun Oliver