Changing from Redhat to Debian

On Monday 12 August 2002 14:27, Rafael Skodlar,,, wrote:
> I was hoping that Redhat will improve the rpm process but they never
> made it beyound minor changes. There was talk going around about the

I've not yet had the chance to try it, but I've seen some comments to the
effect that there is a new version of rpm in Limbo (beta of RHL 8.0) with
significant improvements.

> merger between Debian and Redhat packaging systems but that never
> happened.
Apt? Connectica (Brazil) did it, it's available for RHL from freshrpms.net.
RH doesn't use it though.

However, there is up2date which does much the same thing.

--

Cheers
John.

Please, no off-list mail. You will fall foul of my spam treatment.