Collabora weekly progress w/e 2nd October 2022

Hello All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora has made last week.

Weston/Wayland

  • SPEC-4503 (Move out window/surface properties and roles from agl-shell-desktop to agl-shell protocol) - initial discussions and mock-ups for a gRPC service that would ultimately replace the agl-shell-desktop protocol extension. Spent considerable amount of time trying to create and incorporate that gRPC service into our qt homescreen. Proved quite tedious due to the qmake build system. Went from qmake to cmake and finally to meson. With some help from Scott Murray from Konsulko Group, I've managed to get it up&running with meson. including a small grpc protocol implementation. Meson has grown quite a lot in recently so that will also be a good change to have, a future-proof alternative to using qmake/cmake. We've also been debating if this service should instead be placed in the compositor rather than in the shell client, to avoid duplication and to ease up the burden of maintaing it. Currently, prototyping that service will reside in shell client, remaining to be seen if we'll instead be moving it out in the compositor. Still unsure if/how will that happen.

Best regards,

Kiril
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10182) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_