Collabora weekly progress w/e 25th September 2022

Hello All,

Please find below a brief summary of the progress Collabora has made last week.

Weston/Wayland

  • SPEC-4528 (Activation request at start-up of applications is sent too early) - Found that my initial weston-ini-no-activate recipe wasn't really working/taking effect so I've re-done that to correctly modify the ini file. Re-based homescreen updates for v2 and v3 to address latest applaunchd/gRPC changes.
  • SPEC-4509 (Replace weston_log() after fork() with simple writes) + SPEC-4510 (Investigate weston's launching code rather than using a local one) - adapt/port some of the changes that upstream has being doing to address async-signal-safe parts of the compositor. Impact is limited as that touches code that launches other applications.
  • SPEC-4570 (Re-work signal trapping in agl-compositor according to upstream) - immediate follow-up from SPEC-4509 and SPEC-4510. Minor work towards addresing some issue with signal handling, similarly to what weston has, and it seemed natural to get those in as well.

Best regards,

Kiril
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10162) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_