Re: Collabora weekly progress w/e 6th October 2019

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:46 AM Nick Milner <nick.milner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Walt,

Scott was at XDC last week so was not able to work on this last week. I will come back to you with an update on the code from either Scott or Daniel.

It was not just them. The entire open source graphics community was in Montreal for XDC last week. Some very important conversations were carried out that required both Scott and Daniel (as well as 18 other people from Collabora) to actively take part in.

The conference was a great success with over 150 attendees (the largest ever). And strong participation from the GPU vendors (and driver reverse-engineering teams) made it possible to tackle issues never addressed before.

You can find the agenda here:  https://xdc2019.x.org/
All the slides are here: https://xdc2019.x.org/event/5/page/42-slide-decks

The talks were recorded and the streams can be found here:
 Day 1 recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0P1ChE_5o
 Day 2 recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYa4UvVtMOE
 Day 3 recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIry8jpbPUY

Some workshops and board discussions were not captured (where the interesting stuff happened?). I was only able to join for 1 day myself but I must say it was the most interesting conference I attended this year by far.

I would like to invite all members of the expert groups involved with graphics, including the new instrument cluster group to consider attending next year. I am convinced there are conversations that will only ever be successful with the attendees who basically only get together once a few for XDC.

Igalia was the host last year and Collabora organized it this year. The 2020 edition will take place in Gdańsk, Poland.

Best regards,
-Guy

Kind regards,

Nick