Re: Logging issue

> Yes, I (believe) I understand and find many examples how to configure virtual name hosts when you have a domain name. BUT, I have yet to find any examples where this works with /one/ single IP address rather than a domain name.

This is because it's not applicable. The feature you're trying to use
allows the server to respond two different ways to two different
hostnames.
Without two or more hostnames it is meaningless.

> The former pertains to defining various virtual hosts such as site1.thisismydomain.com, site2.thisismydomain.com where the domain name is the same.
>
> However, my current setup does not have a domain name associated with it, only an IP address. Thus the virtual hosts I am trying to work would be site1.aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd and site2.aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd where the IP address is the same.

The configurations for these virtual hosts would only be used if the
client requests http://site1.aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/* which will never
happen.

> Note that the sites are on an external server and accessed remotely, not on a local computer, and need to be accessed by multiple computers.
>
> Is this perhaps not possible??

Try the obscure ServerPath directive if you can't arrange for 2
hostnames to resolve to your IP address.