Re: Logging issue

On 04/17/2021 03:59 PM, Daniel Ferradal wrote:
> You are supposed to define ServerName with its specific name in each
> Virtualhost, once there you define customlog and errorlog in each
> virtualhost, then you have log for each virtualhost in every case.
>
> If this is not what happens chances are you have a virtualhost
> somewhere, with a greedy servername or not at all, catching all
> requests.
>
> Apache works like this, when a request comes it looks at the name and
> delivers the request to the first match, if several names match, the
> first one defined wins in the order they have been defined, if there
> are several files involved (Include) IIRC they will be loaded
> alphabetically.
>
> In any case, use "apachectl -S" to check how your servernames are distributed.
>

> El sáb, 17 abr 2021 a las 18:00, angel Hall-Coulston
> (<rammsteinium@xxxxxx.invalid>) escribió:
>> 1) My previous answer to use MAMP was to a different person and problem, not yours.
>> 2) Yes you’re quite correct, this IS a user support mailing list, BUT NOT A HELP DESK !
>> 3) With DUE respect I am ONE GUY with little time to be providing free WORK to LARGE companies with employed sysadmins who I feel are being paid to ask questions of those who should have the job instead !
>> 4) I have the absolute BEST equipment and software and the most secure website, running from the front room of my HOME. Yes, I serve my own site, code it all, system maintain it all and all from my home. I also run ALL of the available Mac Software, ALL of Adobe Software, SLACK, Live Chat, Registered Apple Business  Chat… I know several computer languages, I program software…. Build Computers…. The list is endless…. Do you understand the effort this takes ? So you see, I’m probably in the top tier of the MOST TALENTED subscribers here: BUT… I ALSO look after my autistic son… medals must be scarce as I surely deserve one… and so please don’t imply that I couldn’t work out your 'problem'… I simply don’t have the time. I was merely calling a spade, a spade… Every time a game of ping-pong-back-and-forth-question-game happens… EVERYONE on the list get’s notifications ! Thank you and have a nice day !
>>

>> "The road to hell is paved with 'good intentions' "
>>
>> On 17 Apr 2021, at 15:35, H <agents@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On April 17, 2021 8:57:22 AM EDT, angel Hall-Coulston <rammsteinium@xxxxxx.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> With due respect, please STOP abusing the mailing list and using it
>> like a 'chat room'. Please RTM as it’s all a bit lazy otherwise.
>>
>> On 17 Apr 2021, at 01:57, H <agents@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 04/16/2021 08:51 PM, H wrote:
>>
>> On 04/16/2021 08:23 PM, Jonathon Koyle wrote:
>>
>> The OP, ie me, just read up on virtual host configuration. I now
>>
>> understand that it is not possible to have site1.conf and site2.conf as
>> in my first e-mail where I wanted to access the different sites using
>> 1.2.3.4/site1 and 1.2.3.4/site2 etc.

> [...]
Yes, I (believe) I understand and find many examples how to configure virtual name hosts when you have a domain name. BUT, I have yet to find any examples where this works with /one/ single IP address rather than a domain name.

The former pertains to defining various virtual hosts such as site1.thisismydomain.com, site2.thisismydomain.com where the domain name is the same.

However, my current setup does not have a domain name associated with it, only an IP address. Thus the virtual hosts I am trying to work would be site1.aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd and site2.aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd where the IP address is the same.

Note that the sites are on an external server and accessed remotely, not on a local computer, and need to be accessed by multiple computers.

Is this perhaps not possible??