Re: First draft of application to Sovereign Tech Fund

Hi Christoph.

Some hints about your draft application:

>  > Where is your open source technology project being used (describe
>  > all user bases)?
>
> GNU Autoconf and GNU Automake are part of the GNU Autotools, also known
> as the GNU Build System. The help making source code packages portable
> to many Unix-like systems. They are used by GNU GCC, LibreOffice, and
> OpenJDK.

"used by" with only 3 project names might create the assumption,
that only 3 projects use autotools.

I suggest: "used by lots of Projects. Some of the well known ones:"
and add wine to the list.
https://gitlab.winehq.org/wine/wine/

Used my many Programs to be able to run on Linux (or MacOSX)
and the base of other projects (Crossover / SteamOS / Proton)

What about mentioning bash?
What about mentioning glibc?
What about mentioning ncurses?

They are low level requirements for lots of unix installations.

>  > Why do you consider your open source technology project to be
>  > relevant and critical?
>
> Many projects still rely on Autoconf and Automake as crucial part of
> their build system. Moving to alternatives is challenging. Without a

"still rely" can make the asumption, that they want to replace Autotools
I suggest to remove "still"

For all contributions, they have to be checked, commented
and later committed by the few busy people with commit rights.

We need a list of "todo projects", similar to what is available for projects,
who apply for Google Summer of Code.

--
Regards ... Detlef